Archive for the ‘OpenOffice3’ Tag
Today I spent some time installing the new OpenOffice.org version 3 on my Ubuntu Hardy. Following are the steps I did to get it installed:
1. Download the file OOo_3.0.0_LinuxIntel_install_en-US_deb.tar.gz from OpenOffice.org site.
2. Unpack the downloaded file:
tar zxf OOo_3.0.0_LinuxIntel_install_en-US_deb.tar.gz -C ~
3. Change to directory OOO300_m9_native_packed-1_en-US.9358
4. Install all the deb packages
sudo dpkg -i DEBS/*.deb
5. Now, you need to change your Gnome menu entries to use the new OpenOffice.org 3. Edit the file /usr/bin/ooffice
sudo gedit /usr/bin/ooffice
And change the second line to:
6. Salve the file and it’s done. Now you can access your OpenOffice icon and it should open the new OpenOffice.org 3
All the best!